Today, we’re helping author Kari Trumbo celebrate the release of book 2 in her “Western Vows” series. It’s launch week for FOR RICHER OR POORER.
Elizabeth Whitte finds herself on the frigid border of Minnesota and Canada as winter sets in. When her plans for finding a husband and rushing back to Kansas fall through, she has to stay and learn a few things…like how to care for others.
Robert is a Mountie in Fort Frances, Canada. When he meets Elizabeth, his first instinct is to send her home. He’s been burned by women like her in the past and knows his life isn’t suited for them. Elizabeth’s pull is strong, but he cannot leave his beloved Canada.
As Elizabeth matures in many ways, Robert must decide if sending her back to Kansas is still his best option. Could she learn to love him, and his beautiful home?
Now let’s continue our conversation from last week with Kari:
- How important is social media to you, and what sites do you use? Social media is the place to connect with my readers. I use Facebook, Goodreads, Twitter, and my blog.
- How do you measure your success as a writer? I measure success by the reviews I get. When someone takes the time to leave me a review or send me a note telling me how they need to know what happened to a character or that they are still thinking about the book days later, that means I did what I was called to do.
- What are your hobbies (other than writing)? I do a lot of sewing, knitting, and crocheting. I edit stories that my girls write.
- What was the inspiration for your latest book? The inspiration came for this book while I was writing my first. Elizabeth met Robert on the train and he was insistent on protecting her. The story beginning wrote itself.
- What are you currently working on? I am working on a prequel to this series. It is written, but needs final editing and a cover. I expect to release it by April or May. The final book in the series, at least for now, is scheduled for release in September.
- Do you have a dream project…something you’re planning to write someday? I have an idea for a 1920’s Christian romance. I’m excited to do the research for it.
- Have you written other books that have been published? No, To Honor and Cherish was my debut.
- Have you written other books that haven’t yet been published? Yes, I have the novella and novel in this series written.
- Do you have a blog? If so where can we find it? I can be found at www.theeditorsnote.com
- Where can readers find your books? To Honor and Cherish is available at all the major ebook retailers and in print from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and CreateSpace. For Richer or Poorer is only available through Amazon at this time.
- Is there a special story about one of your books that you’d like to share? In For Richer or Poorer, Elizabeth finds herself on a train alone again. She meets an elderly woman named Bernice who lived with her husband Elmer in MN until he passed. My grandparents were Elmer and Bernice Thomsen. I tried to give the Bernice in my novel the same loving, but no-nonsense attitude my grandmother had.
Where to find Kari:
Where to find Kari’s books:
Pt. 2 interview with author Kari Trumbo today on my blog! #authorinterview @LesleyMcDaniel http://wp.me/p6Z26M-CY
Meet author Kari Trumbo on my blog today! Author of TO HONOR AND CHERISH and FOR RICHER OR POORER @LesleyMcDaniel http://wp.me/p6Z26M-CY
Can love soften a vengeful heart? FOR RICHER OR POORER by Kari Trumbo #Indie #Books #ebooks@LesleyMcDaniel http://wp.me/p6Z26M-CY