I thought about making a love/hate list, but for me there’s really been nothing to hate.
So here it is in random order (except the last one because that’s the biggie). My list of things I love about the Whole30:
- It’s helped me enjoy cooking more.
- It’s given my daughters and me something to work on together.
- I feel lighter.
- I feel healthier just knowing that we’re eating right.
- Our shopping cart has more fresh produce in it than anything else.
- We’re spending less money on food.
- We haven’t resorted to eating out or going to a drive-thru for a month.
- We’re using almost all the food we buy, which didn’t used to be the case.
- I don’t feel the urge to snack before bed anymore. Okay a few times, but it’s been because I’m hungry and then it’s more like an orange than something that looks like nachos. Or actually is nachos.
- My kids are back in the routine of eating breakfast.
- It’s not a special program that you have to join and pay for. It’s just a different way of eating.
- There’s a whole community of support out there.
- I never feel that “why did I eat that?” feeling after a meal.
- I feel great about recommending it to people who ask about it.
- There are so many delicious recipes in the book and online. We haven’t gotten bored with food.
- It’s not so restrictive that we’ve felt deprived.
- You don’t have to worry about portion sizes. No math skills required.
- I’ve lost a little weight, which wasn’t my main goal, but it’s a good way to head into summer (yes, I’m looking ahead to summer, thanks for asking).
- I feel like I finally have control over my diet.
- My arthritis has significantly improved!!!
Have you tried the Whole30? I’d love to hear about your experience.